Birdie Care App
Our care workers will be using Birdie, an innovative digital technology, to record the care delivered to you. Using Birdie, the care worker will use a mobile phone to record the details of your visit and daily wellbeing. This technology has been designed to support our care workers and to enhance the care provided to you.
The Birdie system has been designed by a technology company financially backed by AXA insurance to bring practical, connected support into the home. As well as allowing us to record daily care, your family and relatives will have the option (but with no obligation) to download the Birdie Family App. This gives them visibility of when your care worker arrives and details of the visits in real time, allowing them to keep track of your care program and daily wellbeing.
Birdie is one of the top technology apps used in care to avoid any hospitalities, following our goal, which is to keep you at home for as long as possible.
Birdie is designed to bring everyone together and to avoid any miscommunication, to have the option at any time to look at your own individually created personal file and be part of your own care package and to see what it is that is being written about you.
Birdie is one hundred percent confidential and the only time that we will allow your family access to see what is happening is if we have written permission from you directly.
Carers will document the following on Birdie :
- Toilet visits, food intake and fluids
- Medication given, refused or run out of to avoid any missed medications
- Person specific notes created by the carer
- Completed tasks- a personalized job list for the carers and this can be ticked so that you can see what has or has not been achieved on that call.
- We have “concern” button, which a carer can send any concerns strait over to a manager’s phone.
Optional Sensors Around your Home
Birdie can also install sensors around your home (optional) to help alert your family if anything unusual happens when the care worker is not around. For more information please contact our office on 01480 711221 or visit the birdie website (www.birdie.care)
What is Safeguarding?
The term safeguarding is used to define actions taken to protect vulnerable groups from harm. A vulnerable adult is defined as a person who, for any reason, may be unable to take care of themselves or protect themselves against significant harm or exploitation. Safeguarding vulnerable adults involves reducing or preventing the risk of significant harm from neglect or abuse, while also supporting people to maintain control of their own lives. All carers have safeguarding training and are encouraged to report any concerns they have relating to our Service Users or our care staff and we encourage and educate our staff members to fully understand the safeguarding and whistleblowing terms.
We have a “Good” rating for all 5 of the key questions the CQC ask when carrying out an inspection, we are very proud of this rating however we are always striving to improve to an outstanding level. Please see the below the five key questions we were rated on:
S-C-R-E-W and the CQC
- Safe : Are they safe? People are protected from abuse and avoidable harm.
- Caring : Staff involve and treat people with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
- Responsive : Services are organised so that they meet people’s needs.
- Effective : People’s care, treatment and support achieves good outcomes, promotes a good quality of life and is based on the best available evidence.
- Well-led : Leadership, management and governance of the organisation assures the delivery of high-quality person centered care, supports learning and innovation and promotes an open and fair culture.
View our rating here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-451724451?referer=widget3
Triple Home Care Ltd believes that the following statements best describe the values within which we seek to operate daily.
We believe that each Client in our care has the fundamental RIGHT to:
- Be regarded as an individual and given our special attention.
- Be cared for by people who can understand their needs and are competent.
To meet those needs;
- Be treated equally, and no less favorably than others.
- Receive respect and understanding regarding their cultural, religious and spiritual beliefs.
- Receive prompt attention in relation to all their healthcare needs.
- Be safe, feel loved and always know that “someone cares”.
- Be informed about all important decisions that affect them, and to have a say.
- Be afforded privacy for themselves and their belongings.
- Can think independently and make their own choices.
- Complain about anything they feel is unfair or unjust, and to have that complaint listened and responded to.
- We are all a team and work together to be the best!
- Support each other – Always someone to talk to and help (work related or personal)
- We are not like other care agencies – We are a care company that actually CARES!
- We go that extra step – i.e. if a service user has run out of milk – We will get them some. Either by going to the shop yourself or letting the next carer to visit know!
- We do not gossip – Our policy is if you have a problem with someone, talk to that person directly or to your senior/manager. (NOT ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER OR SERVICE USER).
- We have a fantastic team that work hard to maintain the high standards Triple Home Care is known for!
- Our policy is to recruit internally (when possible) and give our staff every opportunity to further their career with NVQ QUALIFICATIONS and in-house training.
Let's schedule a meeting together
Professional & dignified care you can rely on...
If you would like more information regarding the range of services we offer, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us today and let our team guide you through our professional care options.